Adam Beck Community Asymptomatic Rapid COVID Testing (for a limited time)
Our group of parent volunteers has secured several boxes of rapid tests and we would like to provide them to interested Adam Beck families, while supplies last!
How it works:
- Tests are provided to all children in a household as long as one child attends Adam Beck.
- Tests are painless and non-invasive.
- Testing takes place twice a week. Parents will select a pickup time and day when they sign up that is convenient for them and within our neighbourhood. An information package will be emailed to those interested families.
- Parents only report positive tests to Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), through a secure reporting form. MGH will then provide guidance on next steps and follow-up PCR testing.
- This program is intended to catch infections that would not otherwise be tested for under school or public health guidelines. If your child has symptoms or a known exposure or is advised to test under school or public health guidelines, they must get tested at an assessment center or use a school-provided PCR collection kit.
If you are interested in participating, please sign up only once per family using the google form at this link.
Please note: These tests were secured from the StaySafe community ambassador program (https://staysafescreen.ca/) prior to the provincial government’s recent announcement that StaySafe’s program must focus on supplying workplaces and their employees only going forward. As such, this rapid testing program may be short-lived. However, we are remaining optimistic that other avenues of securing tests will become available in the coming weeks.