What does the School Council do?
The purpose of school council is to improve student achievement and to enhance the accountability of the education system to parents.
At Adam Beck, the council accomplishes this by creating partnerships between parents, teachers, principals, students and other members of the community. Some of the ways these partnerships work are:
- Advising the principal on issues that are important to the parents and students through committees or council meetings;
- Volunteering in areas that improve and enhance the school environment;
- Communicating with our parents, administration and the Toronto District School Board;
- Educating parents via discussions and workshops;
- Fundraising and using the funds to support our initiatives and enhance the classroom or educational experience at Adam Beck.
Want to join?
Joining school council is a great way to have your voice heard and participate in important decision making. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about the school and help make it an even better place.
Being actively involved with the council is a great way to meet parents and staff and, most importantly, to positively impact your child’s public school experience.
Can’t attend council meetings?
School council code of ethics
School council abides by a code of ethics which outlines the expectations of its members and guides their behavior.
Questions or comments?
Feel free to contact the council co‐chairs with any question, comment or issues regarding the activities of the school council at email@example.com