Adam Beck Read-a-Thon
Everyone agrees that getting kids to read is a great thing: literacy skills are the foundation of a strong education and are critical to success in school and in life.
The Adam Beck Read-a-Thon takes place from February 1 to February 28, 2021. It’s a fun and rewarding program that helps students grow a love of reading by engaging them in a friendly reading competition. Students read their favourite books, keep track of the minutes spent reading every day – in class, at home, or elsewhere – and submit their log at the end of the program.
- Use the log to keep track of your reading each day – this can be done electronically or via hard copy.
- Read awesome and interesting books. Final logs will be due Friday, March 5.
- You can submit the final log in one of three ways:
- Via Google form using your child’s TDSB email account or a personal gmail account
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physically hand a hard copy in – email the above address for drop off locations!
- Goals to reach for JK/SK: 150 minutes, Gr 1-3: 300 minutes, Gr 4-6: 450 minutes.
- At the end of the month teachers will be providing a summary of time spent reading in class which will be added on to the total for each child that participates.
There are prizes to be won!
- Reach the grade appropriate minutes goal listed above and be entered into a draw to win an Ella Minnow gift card! There will be one draw per grade, including kids enrolled in virtual school.
- For every additional 50 minutes read beyond this, kids will get an additional entry into the draw.
- As always, the class with the most minutes read will receive the Dassios cup!
Looking for more Read-a-Thon info? Click here.