Monsterbash 2019 was a huge success! We are so fortunate to have an engaged and supportive community at Adam Beck. We are pleased to announce that we surpassed our fundraising goal of $5,000 with gross proceeds of over $6,700! Over 350 wristbands were sold, thousands of food tickets and 300 loot bags were handed out.
Highlights of this year’s Monsterbash include our new and improved Haunted House (thanks Aaron MacIntosh for your creativity and talent!), a re-designed spooky science lab (thank Scientist Kena Flores for your cool experiments!), the kindie craft room, Pawsitively Pets, the classroom decorated pumpkin draw, tasty treats and food donated by parents and so much more!
A big thank you to everyone who worked in advance of the event to make sure it happened:
- Alisen Richmond-Peck for being our volunteer co-ordinator – your creativity and quick thinking kept all of the events and tables running smoothly!
- Julie Middleton for ticket pre-sales, communications, shopping, general expertise and on-site coordination
- Jeny Nussey for shopping, on-site coordination, general resourcefulness and more
- Larissa Primeau for organizing the colouring contest and pumpkin decorating contest
- Kristine Holder for all your behind the scenes support and running around
- Helen Katz for our poster design
- Jennifer Haines for keeping up with our website requests
- Michelle Grahlman for providing last minute supplies from Mayfair and Movie Night, and your general expertise and consultation support
A gigantic thank you to everyone who volunteered to help set up and run the event – we cannot host events like this without parent involvement and are beyond grateful to everyone who took the time to volunteer. Between setup, execution and tear down, over 85 Adam Beck parents, students and community volunteers brought enthusiasm and a great sense of fun to the event! There are too many of you to list but know that we saw you and appreciate everything you did!
We appreciate all of the staff and admin who came to support us at the event – Ms Scenna, Ms Newnham, the caretaking staff (Ken, Greg and Nick) and all the teachers who supported the pumpkin contest! Of course, the event would not be the same without Ms Smith leading us in the infamous Monstermash dance!
We were fortunate to have support from our local community partners:
- Loblaws (Musgrave location) donated the pumpkins for our pumpkin decorating contest
- Prologue café for the delicious coffee
- The Mail Slot for discounted printing
- Ellaminnow bookstore for hosting our annual colouring contest (which ends on October 30th, don’t forget to drop off your finished sheets to Ellaminnow!)
If you are interested in joining the committee next year and having a spooky good time, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we will start planning next year’s event in the Spring and have grand visions for Monsterbash 2020 to be better than ever. We would also love a local sponsor for the event. If you are a local business owner, please reach out for more information!
~ 2019 Monsterbash Committee