Adopt-a-Family this holiday season
Adam Beck School Council will once again be supporting families through Community Centre 55’s Adopt-a-Family program. There are many families in our community that will be in need over this holiday season and we hope to do our part in helping make the season a little brighter for them. We would like to thank everyone in advance for your generous support of this initiative. We will have a “Giving Tree” outside of the school office beginning Friday November 24, and it will be decorated with ornaments that have gift ideas for our Adopted Families.
We will be supporting three Families and a Senior this year.
- Our first family is a single mother with two boys, age 9 and 4. The 9 year old is wishing for a Chemistry Lab Set and tickets for the movies. His 4 year old brother loves Batman and wants to get cozy in some flannel pajamas.
- Our second family has two boys and twin girls age 6. One boy age 10, is a LEGO fan and would love an MP3 Player. His 8 year old brother would love some Snap Circuits to learn about electricity. The twin girls enjoy dressing up in princess clothes with costume jewellery and playing with LEGO Friends.
- Our third family is a single mother with two boys, age 9 and 8. Both boys are wishing for a remote control car to race around the house and a scooter to take to the streets. Mom would love some new pots and pans and a winter coat.
- This year we will be adopting a Senior in our community. They are in need of groceries, toiletries and warm fuzzy socks.
Our families are in need of not only toys but everything from kitchen necessities, clothing for the children, to gift cards for groceries.
If you and your child(ren) would like to buy them a gift then please take the ornament, buy the gift and return both to the office (unwrapped), with the ornament attached by Friday December 15. That way the children will not receive multiple identical gifts. Please note, if your child takes an ornament home but you decide not to purchase the gift then please remember to return the ornament to the tree.
As well, a donation box will be set up in the office to collect cash, Canadian Tire money and gift cards. Gift cards from stores that use point systems such as Shoppers Drug Mart can be purchased using your accumulated points. Please make sure to include “purchase receipts” for any gift cards in order to avoid any problems when using those cards.
Lastly don’t forget you can use Fundscrip to purchase gift cards, that way both our families and the school are supported.
Click on the link: http://www.fundscrip.com/ USE the code: 23TCSY . There will be 2 order deadline dates this year for Fundscrip:
- Monday December 4 for delivery on Friday December 8.
- Monday December 11 for delivery on Friday December 15.
If you have any questions please contact Amanda Wood at [email protected]
Thank you in advance for your generosity,
The Spirit Committee